Monday, August 10, 2009

Top 5 Blizzard Games


5. Warcraft 2



This was the first Blizzard game I played when I was in Elementary school. One of my friends had it and I was blown away. I'd go over to his house all the time to watch him play. I had never played a real time strategy game before and this opened my eyes to all the wonderous things a video game could do. The fantasy setting and cartoon-like animation made me play this game for hours upon hours. With the battle.net edition was able to connect with people all over the world and let them kick my ass.

4. Diablo 2


I actually had never played the first Diablo game when I bought this one. My friends were obsessing over it and I wanted to join in. I created a paladin who wasn't very powerful but I loved playing co-op with my friends. I was one level away from 99 when Blizzard released a patch making it impossible to do the "Cow level" millions of times. God damn I loved killing those bovines. I'll also never forget finding my first SOJ and thinking of all the things I could get with it. I am eagerly awaiting Diablo 3.

3. Warcraft III


I had a lot of expectations for Warcraft 3 and I have to say that they were all exceeded. The addition of two new races made this game incredibly exciting. Also single heroes that you could control made this game totally different than any other RTS. Night elf was my favorite race and I could sit all day watching the archers focus fire. Seeing the Priestess of the Moon in action always got me revved up to play again. Eventually I stopped playing the game and moved onto Defense of the Ancients as did a ton of other players. I always get the urge once in awhile to install the game and try to beat the damn computer.

2. Starcraft


This is the mother of all RTS games. In middle school, I didn't know anyone who wasn't playing this game. This was Warcraft in space. At the time, I was more into sci-fi than fantasy so this game was perfect for me. The one thing I absolutely loved about the game was the cinematics. I wasn't very good at the single player missions but the cutscenes were worth every ounce of frustration. My favorite race was Protoss by far. I couldn't help but build a million defense cannons so my opponent couldn't get to me. Eventually they would give up and I was satisfied that I just wasted 3 hours of building the same thing over and over again. Starcraft 2 is coming out and its going to be huge. I cannot wait!

1. World of Warcraft


This is my absolute favorite game but I actually haven't played it in a few years. I was one of the first people that bought the game at the Fry's Midnight party. I created a night elf hunter and I instantly fell in love. The visuals and the soundtrack took me to another world. I loved killing all the cool-looking creatures and fighting huge bosses. I grinded all the way to level 60 and I was excited to start collecting some of the epic gear. This was when molten core was the only raid and you had to be in a huge guild to run it. I gave up the game because I started to realize I was wasting too much time sitting in Ironforge waiting for a party to form. I tried creating a new character but I got bored too fast. Those six months were probably the most fun gaming I ever had. I don't think I will be able to recreate that experience until they release World of Warcraft 2 or another MMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment