Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review: World Without Superman

Superman #689Normally I would write a review of the latest issue I read but I feel like all them are equally terrible under the current story arc so I will just review the whole thing. First of all, why would anyone want to read a Superman comic that doesn't even have Superman in it? This current arc has Mon-El replacing Superman while he is away on New Krypton. The comic is essentially the same as it always is with Mon-El fighting off whichever big baddie is in town but the difference is that I don't care about Mon-El at all. Now if this was just a one-shot, I would be fine with it but its not even close. This story arc spans multiple issues and now I am finally giving up buying Superman comics. I can't believe DC would publish both of their bestselling titles (Batman and Superman) without the main characters! This is just a way to make fans buy the New Krypton miniseries and also get them to continue buying Superman and Action Comics. Well it's not going to work for this fan. The good thing about all this is that I don't have to continue wasting my time and money on this title. If there is a great story arc that everyone is raving about, then I'll just buy the TPB. Goodbye Superman it was good while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment