Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dollhouse Season 1 Review

dollhouse tvI hated Dollhouse when it first aired on television. Being a big Joss Whedon fan, I was eagerly awaiting the show and when it finally came I was hugely disappointed. The show suffered from poor acting and terrible plot lines. I gave up watching the show after only watching two episodes because I couldn't bear it anymore. When the show was released on DVD, I decided to give it one more chance since I thought that's the least I could do for Joss Whedon. I have to say that after watching the whole show, I am totally in love with it.

Whedon has created a show with infinite possibilities which become apparent as the show progresses. The plot goes like this: a mysterious organization known as the Dollhouse has created the technology to imprint a personality into any human being who has had their mind wiped. The Dollhouse keeps these "dolls" and rents them out to high-paying clients. The client might want a sexual encounter or they might need a negotiator to get back their child. The Dollhouse can provide anything they need. The show focuses on Echo (Eliza Dusku) who is a doll and every week they put her into different situations. I don't want to give anything away about the possibilities with this show because it will ruin the surprises. All I can say is that the technology of imprinting personalities can lead to some very interesting story lines. When you watch Season 1 on DVD don't forget to check out the unaired 13th episode which stars Felicia Day, it will really blow your mind. I can't wait for season 2 and I thank Fox for not canceling it. Go rent this season now!

8/10

dollhouse tv

1 comment:

  1. Victor's screaming face, employee doll usage, and Alpha nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete