Monday, August 24, 2009

Top 5 Batman Villains

Batman has the best rogues gallery out of any other super hero comic. Like Batman, most of them don't have superpowers but are aided with technology. This is what sets them apart from any other comic villain. This list is not based off of one TV show or movie but instead the batman franchise as a whole. Without further ado, here are my favorite batman villains:

5. Mad Hatter


The Mad Hatter is a unique villain because he doesn't really pose a threat to Batman. It's always interesting to see how the writers fit him in to make him somewhat dangerous. It's also fun to see Batman in the Alice in Wonderland setting. I can't wait for a villain to be obsessed with Wizard of Oz.

4. Mr. Freeze

Lets just forget about the movie version of Mr. Freeze and focus on everything but that. Mr. Freeze is a simple villain but his ice gun makes him a formidable opponent. If you want some good Mr. Freeze then check him out in the 1992 animated series where they go in depth into his back story and what motivates him.

3. Poison Ivy


Poison Ivy=Sex. This is one of the best villains because she brings sex and lust into the Batman universe. Her powers are very effective and her whole "help the environment" side brings a lot of complexity to the character. Can Batman really get mad at Poison Ivy for killing some men destroying a rainforest?

2. Catwoman


Catwoman is the perfect example of a woman, sexy and very confusing. Catwoman likes to play both good and evil. One minute she's stealing a diamond and the next she's helping out batman take down some enemies. The version of her in Batman Returns is one of the best performances and I hope we will some day see her in the Christopher Nolanverse.

1. The Joker


Wow no surprise here. Batman's archenemy is almost always at the top of any list concerning Batman villains. He wasn't always my favorite though. It wasn't until Dark Knight that I could no longer keep him from taking the number one spot. Its funny that the Joker has no known super powers (unless you count insanity as a power) but he can always elude Batman. His arsenal of clown gadgets make him powerful and unpredictable. The Joker will always be Batman's number one foe in one form or another.

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Batman before reading your post, but needless to say by the end of it you could color me intrigued!

    I went down to the local literary publication outlet pavilion and asked the rotund clerk if he'd ever heard of this 'Bat-Man'. Not surprisingly he was as stumped as I was. After promptly sending off several telegrams to the neighboring territories, the clerk, Mr. Heckleberg (don't tell him I mentioned his name, won't he be embarrassed!) said I should check back in a week or two.

    The proceeding days were filled with anxious waiting and sleepless nights. Not even half a week later I found myself in Mr. Heckleberg's company inquiring as to the standing of our communiqué. To his credit, he tried to comfort me as best he could while still asking for the agreed payment for the telegrams.
    "Whooo are ya?! Aye don know yo people! PENNY!" Mr. Heckleberg screamed, wilded eyed.

    Disappointed I slid a handful of copper across counter and dragged my feet to the door. As I reached for the handle a rough voice from behind startled me.
    "Here."
    I turned to face a tall man in dark clothing, his face obscured by the shadows of the corner he stood in. He extended his hand which contained a sealed envelope.
    "What is this?" I asked, bewildered.
    "Leverage. To get things moving."

    He walked around me to the door as I slide open contents of the letter. It was a series of photos depicting a vampire with his penis in the mouth of a clown, a penguin and black cat. I had found my Bat-Man.
    "I never said thank you." tears of joy on my cheek.
    "And you'll never have to." the dark man replied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My face just melted.
    ROFL-LMFAO-LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete