Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inglourious Basterds Review

The WWII Tarantino flick has finally arrived and I can tell you that killin Nazis has never been better. I have been eagerly awaiting for Tarantino to do his war movie and I was not disappointed. The plot of the movie is simple, a group of Jewish soldiers go behind enemy lines to kill as many Nazis as possible. I went in to the theater expecting an epic action movie but instead I got a war movie full of suspense and I couldn't be more happier. Tarantino crafted scenes putting you on the edge of you seat, wondering how the character is going to get out of a situation.

Brad Pitt starts as Aldo Raine, the leader of the Basterds. Everything that Pitt says is hilarious and is definitely one of my favorite characters that Brad Pitt has ever played. For my top 5 Brad Pitt characters go here.
Brad Pitt actually gets the spotlight taken from him by Col. Hans Landa, played by Christoph Waltz. I couldn't believe how fun it was to watch this guy on screen. He definitely deserves an Oscar for his portrayal and I hope we get to see more of this German actor in the US. If you love Tarantino's trademark dialogue and a lot of bloody violence then catch this movie in the theaters before it goes away.


9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment